Speedslee Mill

Location: Hespeler

Status: Viewing Only - private residence

Waypoint: Google Map

Summary: This limestone flour mill was built in 1856 by Niels Peterson Holm near the historic iron “Black Bridge?and the early community of Speedslee. From 1882-1889, the mill was owned by Louis Kribs who changed it over from a stone to roller mill. In 1942, it was owned and operated by A.J. Shantz who was also the proprietor of the nearby Fisher Mills Feed and Chopping Mills.

The name Speedslee is mentioned in connection with archeological excavations in that area. Possibly the name came into use when the property passed out of the Holms family. The mill is currently a private residence and available for viewing only.

The Iron bridge nearby